Terms & Conditions
Hospiscare is licensed to operate a Large Society Lottery by the Gambling Commission under the 2005 gambling act. www.gamblingcommission.gov.uk
Promoter: Hospiscare, Dryden Road, Exeter EX2 5JJ.
Registered Charity Number 297798.
Terms & Conditions
1) Your purchase of Hospiscare Lottery entries is from Hospiscare, solely in accordance with the terms under which the Charity from time to time promotes its lotteries.
2) All profit from the Lottery goes to Hospiscare (Registered office address: Hospiscare, Searle House, Dryden Road, Exeter EX2 5JJ). Profit is defined as the total proceeds less the direct costs associated with running the Lottery and the cost of prizes.
3) You represent and agree that:
a) you are 16 years of age or over
b) you are a resident of Great Britain
c) you will not buy, or purport to buy, an entry to this lottery on behalf of anybody under the age of 16
d) you will provide accurate entry information including your name, personal address and telephone number and accept that it is your responsibility to keep us informed of any changes as soon as they arise
e) you agree to us carrying out any checks that are deemed appropriate to verify age, including if necessary seeking confirmation from relevant agencies that can provide such information.
4) You agree that you shall not be entitled to receive any prize if you are unable to substantiate to Hospiscare your representations under paragraphs 3 (a), (b) and (c) above.
5) You accept that the Hospiscare Lottery is regulated by the Gambling Commission and that in certain circumstances we may be unable to provide refunds or replacements once you have purchased your lottery entries.
6) The prizes for the Hospiscare Lottery are printed on the leaflets provided and are advertised on the Hospiscare lottery website www.hospiscarelottery.co.uk. There are no alternatives to any prize and no interest is payable. Entrants will be notified as to any change in the prize structure.
7) Prize cheques are issued:
a) to lottery subscribing members automatically within 5 days of the draw taking place
b) to one-off ticket purchase winners (Hospiscare shops) within 7 days of the ticket holder making a substantiated claim.
8) The prize claim process for one-off ticket winners is available on the website www.hospiscarelottery.co.uk/results and from any Hospiscare shop. Prizes must be claimed within 6 months of the draw date shown on the ticket.
9) The cost of each entry is £1 per play. Players may purchase more than one entry and payment must be made in advance by one of the methods permitted. Cleared payment must be received by Hospiscare no later than 2 days prior to the draw date in order for the entries to be included in the draw.
10) All entries will be entered in to the weekly draw using their unique number.
11) A list of the winning numbers is available from the Hospiscare Lottery Office, from any Hospiscare shop and on the website www.hospiscarelottery.co.uk
12) To encourage sensible gambling, Hospiscare reserves the right to restrict the number of entries a person or syndicate may hold to 20.
13) Members wishing to self-exclude can do so by contacting the Lottery Office, and will not be able to rejoin the lottery for a period of 6 months from the date of self-exclusion.
14) Hospiscare will confirm membership on receipt of application. Upon joining the Lottery you will receive a unique membership number for each entry purchased.
15) Hospiscare may (without giving any reason or notice at its absolute discretion) decline to accept an application, cancel an existing subscription, or terminate or suspend the lottery scheme.
16) Hospiscare will conduct the weekly lottery draw every Friday. The draw will be made utilising a Random Number Generator (RNG) that has been tested and approved by an independent, Gambling Commission approved, third-party test house.
17) Hospiscare reserves the right to delay the Friday draw in the following circumstances:
a) the draw mechanism is not accessible
b) to allow time for the clearance of Direct Debit payments
c) any occurrence beyond Hospiscare’s control that prevents the draw from being executed
(In the event of a delay, the draw will take place as soon as possible thereafter).
18) If the draw falls on a public holiday, the draw may take place a day early; only once Hospiscare is satisfied that all entries eligible for that week’s draw have been processed.
19) Hospiscare promises to comply with the General Data Protection Regulation and to protect your personal data and not misuse it. (Hospiscare’s Privacy Notice is available at www.hospiscare.co.uk/privacy-notice).
20) Cancellation of a member’s payment is the player’s responsibility, standing order payments have to be stopped via your bank. Any credit or payment received after the member has notified Hospiscare Lottery will be refunded upon request.
21) Any credit of less than £1 remaining after cancellation will be treated as a donation to Hospiscare unless a refund is expressly requested.
22) To protect customers’ funds, an amount equivalent to members’ advance payments are held in a separate bank account from the proceeds of the Lottery draw.
23) Hospiscare reserves the right to cancel membership where no draw has been entered into for 8 or more consecutive weeks or if 3 consecutive Direct Debit payments have rejected.
24) Hospiscare is a member of the Hospice Lotteries Association (HLA) which, on behalf of its members, makes a financial contribution to Gamble Aware – an organisation set up with the sole aim of promoting responsible gambling.
25) Any complaints or disputes will be dealt with in accordance with Hospiscare’s current policies and procedures – a copy of which would be made available on request at such time. In the event that a complaint or dispute cannot be resolved by these means, then it will be referred to adjudication. As a member of the Hospice Lotteries Association, this will be conducted by The Independent Betting Adjudication Service Ltd. (IBAS).
26) No liability is accepted for the loss, theft or delayed receipt of any communication.
27) Hospiscare is not responsible for any delay in bank payments.